Water-sports are a popular pastime for the 65 million trips abroad each year taken by UK travellers. It is worth checking that water-sports operators have good safety procedures such as:
- Good storage and maintenance of equipment.
- Provision of life-jackets and other safety equipment.
- Clearly defined areas for different water sports/users.
- Collection of personal and medical details by operators.
- Jet ski operators should ask for ID, proof of age, and ideally, training.
- Enough staff to provide look-out and rescue services.
- Good communication systems
For more water safety tips go to: www.rospa.com/leisure-safety/water/advice/watersports/