The ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Standard is relevant and ethically important to any business that wishes to minimise its impact on the environment.
Applying a framework of elements for an effective Environmental Management System (EMS), this standard is designed to ensure that a business can reduce its environmental impact whilst still maintaining the business objectives.
The benefits to a business of being certified to ISO 14001 include:
- Recognised framework to ensure consistency throughout the business;
- Reduced operational costs resulting from reduced energy consumption and lessened demand on natural resources;
- Reduced pollution, potential fines and clean-up costs;
- Improved public liability insurance status;
- Demonstrable commitment to caring for the environment;
qsuk ltd is experienced in implementing ISO 14001, and will guide you successfully through the procedure from initial gap analysis to conclusion and/or certification.
The process will include:
- Gap analysis
- Identification of aspects and impacts
- Identification of applicable legislations
- Liaison with third party auditors (Certification Body)
- Integration with other Standards such as ISO 9001 or BS 18001